Need help packing?
What is on the yacht?
- All safety equipment that is required by Greek maritime laws as well as a few extra bits we like to have onboard, e.g. personal fire extinguishers in each cabin as well as a torch.
- We have a number of child size lifejackets/harnesses available so make sure you let us know how old/how big your children are so we can have a lifejacket available. We also have buoyancy aids available for swimming or to wear onboard if you find it more comfortable.
- All relevant paperwork for the yacht will be completed on your arrival and will stay with the yacht throughout your trip.
- All paper charts for the area, a harbour guide and an up to date chart plotter is onboard. We have pens and pencils and a notebook onboard but you may want your own if you have a preference of size/style.
- Our very own Sam’s Harbour Guide and Yacht Manual is onboard in hard copy but feel free to download from our website if you want to pre-plan your route.
- We try to keep our yachts as we would like to find them on a sailing trip, so we have the essentials onboard: tea, coffee, sugar, oil, salt, pepper, all cutlery and crockery, reading material on the shelves, mosquito nets and tea towels.
- Please let us know if you would like us to do a quick provisioning run before you arrive, this is free of charge all you have to do is pay on arrival for the provisions. All we need is a list at least 1 month before arrival.
- All bedding is onboard, including sheets, pillows and cases, blanket and duvet if needed. We will add in extra sheets and pillow cases for a two week trip. You also have 1 beach and 1 shower towel each.
What to Bring Checklist:
Preferably in a soft packable bag, or unpack on arrival and leave your bag in our secure office at base.
Clothes + Accessories
- Clothes to suit the season
- Something warm/windproof just in case
- Sun Hat + Sun Glasses
- Swimming Kit
- Sensible shoes (not marking for on deck)
- Identification (Passport)
- Skippers Licence (Day Skipper or ICC)
- Money (Euros)
- Flight Booking Information
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Sun Cream
- Insect repelent
What to do when you get to Corfu
If you would like to pre-book a taxi to the marina please let us know at least a week before arrival and we will have a driver waiting with a sign at arrivals
If not taxis are always readily available at the airport. They charge a fixed fee of 25 Euros to go to Gouvia Marina. Our yachts are on Floating Pontoon B on the right hand finger, right down the end. If you let us know what time to expect you we will have one of the team at the end of the quay to help you with bags and show you onto the yacht.
If arriving in the main port, taxis are also readily available and should be around 20 Euros to our office/ Gouvia Marina. Best practice is always to confirm with any taxi driver the price before getting in the taxi.
Once at the yacht one of the team will show you onboard and let you unpack. Then once you are ready they will give you a full boat briefing (around 1 - 2 hours). One of the team will also go through a route plan and swap contact details so we can be talk during the week. You can then go provisioning (if you haven't used our pre-provision service).
Then all that's left is to go sailing!
Any problems don’t get stressed just give us a call!!!
E-mail - [email protected]
Phone - GR +30 6984623535, UK +44 7703025436